Hi there! I am back to blogging today. I’m actually feeling really sleepy. So I figured why not blog to keep myself awake. Here’s a list of 10 things I would tell my 16 year-old self, if I could. So here it is:
1. Seize the day! Take every opportunity, not just with things that occupy your mind at the moment, but pertaining to your future as well.
2. Be yourself. It’s good to admire and to look up to other people, especially if they are older than you. But remember, you can make a choice to stand out and decide to be your own self.
3. Put God first! As a 16 year old, you have your future ahead of you. Make sure you put Him first and your plans will succeed.
4. Seek first the Kingdom of God. I believe this is important because it affects your life choices and the people you surround yourself with.
5. Follow and obey God. This is like a no-brainer. But when you realize that you’re a Christian, it’s your priority and you will make sure you do so in all areas and aspects of your life.
6. Listen to your parents. They know what is right and what is best for you. I’m blessed with godly parents, and they are an example to me.
7. Time is precious. Time flies! Whatever your goals are, the time is NOW! Don’t wait until you’re ready.
8. Not everyone will like you. Even if you think you’re a likable person, you don’t have to get other people’s approval.
9. Don’t give in to peer pressures. Whatever is going on around you, the latest trend or fashion. Be modest and be an example!
10. Learn to LET GO! It doesn’t apply to me when I was 16 years old, but it would be helpful if I learned how to do so later in life.